* Maths - 11+, KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, A-level
* Physics - KS3, GCSE, IGCSE, A-level, Pre-U, PAT (Physics Aptitude Test)
* Science - KS3
I have tutored for over two years now primarily in Maths and Physics and have taught more than 10 different students, from Year 4 to Year 13. I have experience teaching both in person and online. For my online lessons I use an iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil so students can see what I'm writing.
Previous and current clients are some of the following:
St Paul's Pre-U Physics.
St Paul's EdExcel IGCSE Physics.
Queens Gate School EdExcel IGCSE Physics.
Kings Macclesfield AQA GCSE Physics + maths.
Malaysian International student studying AQA Year 8 Science.
Manchester Grammar School MEI A-Level Maths
Withington Girls School EdExcel IGCSE Maths
Loretto GCSE Science
* Mechanical Engineering Masters student at Imperial College London
* Co-founder and CTO of Honeycomb Network - Imperial start-up developing smart charging hardware and software for public charging of e-scooters and e-bikes in the UK, Europe and Australia.
*Private tutor for over 2 years
*I have focussed my masters at Imperial on lithium-ion battery technology and electric vehicles.
Physics and Science lessons:
-Presentation slides prepared for each lesson
-Each lesson starts with a recap of the previous lesson (normally an oral discussion/test)
-Lesson slides accompanied by notes tailored to the exam board
-I find that students can become very engaged with discussions around engineering projects from my degree and Honeycomb
-1 hour of homework set after each lesson - material reinforces concepts covered in the lessons. Normally consists of exam style questions
-I like to set YouTube videos to watch as part of homework - this works well for students who are visual learners
- My maths lessons are heavily example focussed, I am a strong believer that like most things, maths has to be learnt by doing.
- Homework will always aim to push students further, questions will use concepts taught in lessons but applied to unique problems
For all subjects:
-I set tests after every few topics covered to check understanding and assimilation
- I use OneDrive to upload all work. This means there is a record of all work carried out by the student and tutor
What I do when I am not tutoring
*Developing the UK's first smart charging network for e-scooters and e-bikes. We are currently in the process of securing public funding to develop a prototype universal charger.
*When I'm not studying, working on Honeycomb or tutoring, I'm bouldering, cooking and improving my spoken French using Tandem!
“My daughter has run through her entire IGCSE Edexcel physics syllabus with Cameron and she now feels much more confident in her ability. Cameron is a super tutor. He simplifies complex issues and his teaching style is both clear and calm. I would highly recommend him.”
“Cameron tutored me for A level physics from May 2019 to March 2020. Cameron has not only helped me to achieve the grades I needed in Physics, taking me from Bs to As and A*s, he has also given me so much more confidence in the subject. He is unbelievably committed and organised, and will always have lessons prepared with past papers to set me every week. During the week, Cameron is always open to answering questions via text or email and is extremely punctual. He is so approachable and friendly, meaning it was a very comfortable environment to learn in.”