• 11+ English and Maths: ISEB and public school exams, including pre-tests. My students have gained places at Dulwich College, Eton, Shrewsbury, Tonbridge, Godolphin & Latymer, Notting Hill & Ealing, Putney High, Wimbledon High, Westminster, Caterham, Latymer Upper and Francis Holland.
• 13+ English: My students have received offers from City of London Girls, Wallingford and North London Collegiate.
• 16+ English: my students have been offered places at Ardingly, Bromsgrove and Sevenoaks.
• GCSE/IGCSE English (AQA, Edexcel, WJEC, OCR)
• GCSE/IGCSE History (AQA, Edexcel, WJEC, OCR)
• A Level English (AQA, Edexcel, WJEC, OCR)
• A Level Classical Civilisation (OCR)
As a private tutor I've worked with children of different abilities at home and online, including children taking time out of school for illness or personal reasons.
I have extensive experience tutoring students for the 11+, particularly for the ISEB Pre-Test. I believe in a thorough grounding in the whole syllabus so the student feels confident in all areas, and in sessions we study each topic with a range of question types so each topic's easy to recognise in the exam.
At GCSE I’ve prepared students for English Language, English Literature, History and other essay subjects. I specialise in making texts enjoyable and accessible, and demystifying the writing tasks so the student knows how to handle any essay title! My 2023 students all received 8s and 9s in their final results.
At A Level I tutor English Literature, History and Classical Civilisation, building the student’s confidence with their essay technique and the syllabus so they know what's needed in the coursework and exam. I also offer Personal Statement and EPQ support so when it comes to university applications the student’s passion and ability shines through.
At degree level I’ve advised on dissertations in subjects ranging from Russian government to gender equality in conservation, supporting students at both undergraduate and MA level.
Outside tutoring I’ve worked as a drama teacher coaching students for performance, including classical and contemporary monologues and speeches for student council applications. I also teach creative writing for all age groups, and several of my students have won competitions with their work!