• Over 6 years' and 5500 teaching hours' experience, both face-to-face and online, including Hong Kong, Singapore, and China.
• 100% of my clients are online.
• Success with preparing students for interviews at all levels to schools such as St. Paul's, Wycombe Abbey, Sevenoaks, Westminster, Charterhouse, Eton and Wellington.
• A Level English Literature and Language examination preparation (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC) texts include: 'Frankenstein'; 'The Bloody Chamber; Shakespeare (selected works) amongst others; selected poetry anthologies.
• International Baccalaureate - English Literature and Language (Standard and Higher Level), including experience with the Theory of Knowledge module, the Extended Essay and evaluation of a student's CAS (Creativity, Action and Service).
• (I)GCSE English (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC): Knowledge and experience of a wide range of texts including John Steinbeck's 'Of Mice and Men' and William Golding's 'Lord of the Flies' amongst others; popular poetry anthologies.
• A Level examination preparation (all exam boards): Modern British history; the Cold War in Asia; France 1814-1870; The Stuarts and the Origins of the Civil War; German Nationalism) focusing on the development of essay writing style, clarity of argument, quality of evaluation and structure. I have helped numerous students to gain confidence when writing examination answers and to develop an evaluative writing style.
• Extensive experience teaching International Baccalaureate History.
• (I)GCSE History (all exam boards): Modern British history, WW1, WW2, Cold War (general), Nazi Germany, Napoleon.
• (I)GCSE (all exam boards): Particular experience of tutoring the Christianity, Islam, and Ethics courses.
• 12+, 13+, 16+ entrance exams for top UK schools including Charterhouse; Wellington; Westminster; Sevenoaks; St Edward's, Oxford.
• Eton King's Scholarship for History and English
• UKiset examinations
• SAT examination - all English components
• Cambridge First Placement Test - all English components
• Oxford Online Placement Test - all English components
• IELTS and OET examinations
• 11+ English and Maths (informed by Keystone's training course): ISEB School Entrance and pre-test examinations for top schools including Eton College.
• 7+/8+ English and Maths school entrance examinations (particular experience of interview and exam preparation for King's College Junior School, Wimbledon).
• Primary English and Maths
From my experience as a primary school assistant, helping young students with English comprehension and creative writing, I can confidently engage young students and nurture a love of learning.