• 11+ English & Maths: ISEB, public school entrance exams and pre-test
• 13+ English: ISEB and public school entrance exams
• 16+ English: public school entrance exams
• (I)GCSE English Language: Edexcel, CIE, AQA, OCR, WJEC
• (I)GCSE Spanish: Edexcel, CIE, AQA, OCR, WJEC
• A-level Spanish: Edexcel, CIE, AQA, OCR, WJEC
• IB English (A & B)
• English as a foreign language from Beginner - Advanced level (incl. IELTS)
I have taken part in extensive training with Keystone and have a great understanding of the syllabus for 11+ English and Maths. For these pre-tests, I recommend building up a thorough knowledge of the syllabus and focusing as much as possible on comprehension, grammar and cloze procedure and mental arithmetic and word problems. I use a variety of activities to target the time pressured nature of the tests and problem solving.
I have had success preparing students for their 11+ entrance exams to many different schools over the years, including Harrow, Westminster School, Godolphin & Latymer, CLC, Putney High and many others.
For students applying to British schools from overseas, who are having to sit the UKiset, I look to ensure they are familiar with the different sections of the exam (both computerised and handwritten).
As well as pre-test preparation I have done a lot of tutoring of the GCSE, AS and A Level Spanish syllabus for all exam boards (and IB Spanish B), and I have experience teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to many age groups and group sizes around the world. I have also tutored many students in advance of their 16+ public school entrance exams, and for IB English, particularly those from schools in Singapore such as Tanglin, UWC East and UWC Dover.
I now work exclusively online, and I believe it to be as successful (or more so in some cases) as face-to-face tutoring.