• LNAT Exams and Undergraduate Law Assistance
• Oxbridge Admissions tutoring; including personal statement and interview tutoring.
• 11+ English and Maths: ISEB; public school entrance exams; and pre-tests (in particular in relation to Eton, City of London School, Harrow, Latymer Upper, Queensgate and Godolphin and Latymer)
• 13+ English and Maths: ISEB; public school entrance exams; and pre-tests (in particular in relation to Kings, Charterhouse, Oundle, Sevenoaks and Eton).
• 16+ English and Maths (in particular in relation to Benenden and Rugby)
• I/GCSE Maths: AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC
• I/GCSE English Language: AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC.
• I/GCSE English Literature: AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC.
• AS/A Level English: AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC.
• AS/A Level Maths & AP Pre-College Maths: Various exam boards
• Preparing International students for entrance exams of all levels or to help such students keep pace with the UK National Curriculum standard.
I have experience tutoring English and Maths for 11+ and 13+ examinations, school entrance exams and public exams such as GCSEs. I additionally teach Maths to A-Level. As well as covering syllabus content comprehensively, I can help students prepare with revision and exam technique to ensure a strong basis for achievement.
Previously, I have both tutored privately and worked briefly within university-level academic marking. I have also worked as an in-school tutor at Heanor Gate Science College teaching English and Maths at GCSE level. I have delivered group and one-to-one interventions with students who, for a variety of different reasons, were not predicted to attain their target grades. I have received positive engagement from all pupils and the resulting assessments and grades reflected a substantial increase in progress across the board, with many exceeding their predicted grades. I have also performed cover supervision and unqualified teaching with full sized classes from year 7 to year 11 and in subjects ranging from English and Maths to Citizenship.
Due to my in-depth familiarity with exams and mark schemes, I have experience writing GCSE revision resources for my fellow teaching colleagues and was personally responsible for the creation of a school-wide scheme of English GCSE intervention resources which has subsequently been rolled out school-wide. I have also helped to create additional Law resources for use at Keystone and write educational blogs on the UK admissions test for Law.
I also carry out work with students abroad, such as from Singapore, to help them maintain a level with the UK London Schools in order that any transition to a UK based education is as smooth as possible. Additionally, I enjoy helping students prepare for the common entrance exams as well.