I began tutoring informally while I was taking my GCSEs in 2010. I found subjects much easier than my peers, so I began to teach those around me. This is where I initially developed a passion for teaching, and it inspired my school to introduce a program where older students could tutor younger students in a more structured fashion. Alongside this and outside of school, I offered private tutoring sessions to GCSE, A-Level and IB students.
I feel strongly that learning should be enjoyable and instil a sense of confidence, accomplishment and self-esteem, as well as teaching self-discipline and self-motivation. My aim is to help the student receive a deep level of personal attention and encouragement from their tutor.
Tutoring for IB Computer Science offers students personalized guidance and support in mastering the key concepts and skills required for success in the course. As a tutor, I aim to provide a tailored learning experience that addresses individual needs and challenges. Through one-on-one instruction, interactive exercises, and practical coding projects, students can deepen their understanding of programming, algorithms, and problem-solving. By focusing on building a strong foundation and fostering critical thinking skills, tutoring empowers students to excel in their IB Computer Science studies and achieve their academic goals.
I have been teaching Science, English and Maths at GCSE standard for over 8 years and I also teach Computer Science and Geography. I have over 9 years’ experience of private tuition and have supported students for Edexcel, WJEC, OCR and AQA exam boards. Having amassed over 15,000 hours, I can support almost any scenario - SEN; enforced Gap Year / re-take / improving grades; re-starting after ill health; moving school; home study.
I have been working on the US Curriculum every year for the past 4 years now. This experience has given me a clear insight into the structure of their syllabus which is backed by up-to-date resources I have been taught. I follow Bloom’s Taxonomy to help them apply, analyze, and evaluate complex mathematical problems in order to analyze real-world problems and create logical solutions. The ultimate goal is for students to be able to flow seamlessly between all strata of guidelines to achieve mastery over introductory high school math topics.
- 11+ English and Maths: ISEB public school entrance tests preparing students for St Paul's Girls School, City of London School for Boys, Latymer Upper, Godolphin & Latymer, City of London School for Girls, Emanuel School, Alleyns School, Dulwich College, Henrietta Barnet, Sutton Grammar, Wallington Grammar, Buckinghamshire, Slough Consortium, City of London.
- MYP Maths and Early IB Maths Preparation
- UKiSet (Reasoning/Reading/Essay Writing)
- GCSE Geography
- 13+ Maths, English, Science
- 16+ Maths, English, Science, Reasoning
- GCSE/ A level/ IB Computer Science
- IGCSE/ GCSE/ A-level Maths
- Business Studies GCSE / A level
- UCAS, University admissions and dissertation support
- Undergraduate students for Mathematics and Computer Science
- SEN Experience
- US Curriculum