• Primary English and Maths (Key Stages 1 & 2)
• 7+ English & Maths and prep school entrance exams
• 8+ English & Maths and prep school entrance exams
• 11+ English & Maths and public school entrance exams, including pre-tests
• I/GCSE English Language & Literature (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC)
• A-level English (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR and WJEC)
• A-level Drama & Theatre Studies
I began tutoring over ten years ago, working towards the 11+ entrance examinations with an SEN child whilst I was still studying for my A-Levels at school. I held bi-weekly lessons throughout the year and aimed primarily to work around her dyslexia, which had held her back throughout her primary education. I slowly managed to build her confidence with vocabulary, reading and writing, and eventually she passed the requisite exams and got into her preferred secondary school.
Whilst training as a primary educator, much of my time was spent in the Upper KS1 and Lower KS2 classrooms of Year 1, 2 and 3. As part of my training I taught English, Maths, Science, Art, RE, Spelling, Drama, History and Geography to each class, in addition to working with Reception and Years 4, 5 and 6 throughout the year. I was involved in all areas of school life; planning schemes of work, engaging with parents, building long-term relationships with each pupil and ultimately developing as a newly qualified teacher. Whilst working as a 'Top Graduate' at Thomas's, I developed my 'kind but firm' approach and a pedagogy that prioritises the learner's unique needs.
Having qualified, I now tutor Maths up to 11+ and Drama and English for all ages, all the way up to GCSE, A-Level and university. I tutor both online and in-person and have also prepared students for auditions at Drama School, school interviews, public speaking and much more.