- 7/8+ English and Maths and prep school entrance exams
- 11+ English and Maths and public school entrance exams, including pre-tests
- iGCSE/GCSE History (AQA, Cambridge International, OCR)
- AS-Level/A-Level History (AQA, Cambridge International, Edexcel)
- IB History
- AS-Level/A-Level Government and Politics (Edexcel, OCR)
- EPQ support
- UCAS and personal statement support
- Oxbridge interview preparation
- Undergraduate dissertation support
- SEN provision
I am an engaging, patient and empathetic tutor with five years experience teaching children, secondary school students, Oxbridge applicants, and undergraduates. I have a keen interest in young peoples' learning and development, and enjoy working across the full age range.
During the course of my PhD, I delivered one-to-one supervisions, small group seminars and lectures for Cambridge undergraduates taking the general Historical Argument and Practice paper and early modern history modules. In 2020 I worked as a Postgraduate Mentor, running one-to-one and small group study skills sessions for new undergraduates. I have also worked first-hand in the Cambridge admissions system, marking admissions essays and observing interviews.
I also have a wealth of experience working with children. I am fully trained through Keystone’s 7/8+ and 11+ programmes. In 2022, I worked in a primary school as a Learning Support Assistant to a six-year-old with complex SEN. Focusing particularly on English and creative writing, I used tailored strategies to break up tasks, making the learning process more manageable and reducing the pupil’s frustration. I regularly dealt with challenging behaviour calmly and patiently.