I have been tutoring for three years and I have taught close to 30 students (from primary school children to adults):
• (I)GCSE English (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• (I)GCSE French (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• (I)GCSE Spanish (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• (I)GCSE Italian (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• A-Level English Literature (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• A-Level French (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• A-Level Spanish (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• A-Level Italian (AQA, CIE, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC)
• Degree level (French and Spanish)
• English as a foreign language (TOEFL, IETLS, CPE)
• Entrance examinations (e.g. 13+)
I am an English, French, Spanish, Italian, entrance examination and Oxbridge teacher. An examiner of the aforementioned subjects, I am able to help students achieve the best possible marks in their exams. I am also a PGCE qualified teacher.
I studied modern foreign languages at Oxford University. Since graduating from university in 2017, I have not only taught languages, but have also taught English across a range of exam boards and ages. My students’ results have consistently been exemplary (e.g. student achieved A* having had a predicted grade C).
I initially tutored alongside a corporate role in financial sales. Passionate about teaching, I now teach full-time.
I have extensive experience teaching children from as early as 3 years of age, both online and in-person. I find that my patient, encouraging approach is well-suited to teaching younger students, in addition to adults.
I am an incredibly patient teacher and strive to make the student feel as relaxed as possible as learning can be a daunting process.
I make the lessons detailed and thorough so that they are the most valuable use of the students' time, but I welcome students' feedback if they prefer a different format at any point. Everyone has different requirements and I discuss this with the student from the first lesson.
I am well-read, abreast of current affairs and familiar with the latest linguistic developments. I also thoroughly research answers to my students' questions if I feel the immediate answer has not been detailed enough. I like to reinforce what we have covered in the lesson with homework.
What I do when I am not tutoring
I always find it difficult to break away from a good book. I read on a wide range of topics, from sociology, psychology, technology, history and fiction.
With dual nationality (British and American), I have been moving around to different countries from a young age, and my love for travel continues. Travelling is a great way to meet new people and learn new things.
1) Helena has been working with my daughter who is studying for her French A level. She is very thorough and thoughtful targeting her teaching to the needs of the pupil. She is patient and very good at explaining grammatical points and backing up the theory with practical examples. She has a lovely manner and makes the lessons very enjoyable. I would highly recommend Helena.
2) Great professional attitude to her work with a fun sunny delivery. Good follow up after each lesson.
3) We are very happy with the results our son has received from his GCSE Exams (A*- English Literature). We strongly recommend Helena for anyone interested in English.
4) Great tutor! Highly recommended.
5) Helena is a very intelligent, knowledgeable, and patient tutor. My daughter very much enjoys conversing in Spanish with her. Highly recommended.
6) Professional, cheerful, and charismatic.
7) From the conversation I had with my daughters they both enjoyed the first lesson but especially your teaching style; it will be a pleasure to continue working with you.
8) We are employing Helena Kresin to tutor our son for Spanish GCSE. She is a first class professional who supplies high quality material. Our son describes her as very pleasant to work with and very helpful at getting him to learn quickly'. She is unfailingly positive which is the key ingredient for successful tutoring. We have high confidence in her and are very happy to recommend her.