* A-Level English
* IGCSE/GCSE English Language and Literature (AQA, CIE, Edexcel)
* 13+ English public school entrance exams
* 11+ English public school entrance exams, including pre-tests
* 8+ English and Maths prep school entrance exams
* 7+ English and Maths and prep school entrance exams
For the past four years, I have worked as a private tutor in London and Oxford. I offer lessons predominantly in English, at levels ranging from KS1 to university level, with a particular specialism in entrance exams, such as 7+, 11+, and Common Entrance. I have helped students obtain entry to a variety of prestigious boarding schools such as Harrow, Eton, and Dulwich College, as well as London schools such as Latymer and Notting Hill and Ealing.
I also have experience tutoring children of young ages with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia. I have recently obtained the Professional Tutoring Certificate with Tutoring Standards, and am working towards the Academic Game Plan and 11+ tutoring certifications.
I attended Blackheath High School from 2001-2015, obtaining 11 A*s at GCSE, A*A*A at A-Level in History, German, and English, as well as an A in Art AS-Level and an A* in my EPQ in the role of the country house in English literature.
I was awarded prizes for excellent exam results, English, and History in my final year. I have recently graduated from Christ Church, University of Oxford, where I obtained a First Class degree in English Language and Literature. While at Oxford I was awarded the Douglas Jerrold Scholarship and Boulter Prize on the basis of my academic merit.
I am currently studying the accelerated legal practice course with a view to working as a solicitor at Linklaters in March 2021.
Tutoring offers unique and individualised learning experience for a student. For me, what is so important about tutoring is not only its positive influence on a student's grades, but on a student's enjoyment of learning, shaping their intellectual curiosity and broader attitude to learning outside the classroom.
What I do when I am not tutoring
When I am not tutoring, I enjoy visiting art galleries and learning about architectural history. In the past I have worked for the National Trust, English Heritage, and am a member of the Georgian Group. Having obtained my Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award, I also greatly enjoy hiking. I also have Grade 7 piano, and enjoy attending classical music concerts.
Annabel is a great tutor. She gave us very accurate feedback on my son and we are glad to have her to help us. We also can sense that she loves tutoring and gets really involved with the student. She has been very helpful and gave us lots of advice and tips to get him more focused and less stressed. Our goal was to prepare him for the admission tests on 12/01, and I think Annabel aims to give him all he needs.
My son is very happy with Annabel and finds her an excellent teacher and 'fun' as well.
- ‘My son is very happy with Annabel and finds her an excellent teacher and ‘fun’ as well’
- ‘The first lesson was very good... my son felt at ease very quickly’
- ‘We had a good time with Annabel yesterday, who is a conscientious and responsible tutor and knows her job well
- 'Thank you again for all your great help and support. She has really made huge progress in English over the past year.'