>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Experience a FREE TRIAL LESSON: if you wish to have a free 15-min trial lesson, please contact Keystone. This applies to new students from September 2019.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE NOTE: for regular online lessons, I am currently available from Monday to Sunday with some flexibility, as well as during holidays and school breaks.
---------- WHAT KEYSTONE SAYS:
From Keystone’s records: selected to help 363 STUDENTS and given 4,852 HOURS of one-to-one online tuition since registered in March 2012. Last update: August 2019.
Acknowledged by Keystone in the 2016 Summer Newsletter as “online tutor supremo” and requested to contribute to the Training Programme for Professional Tutors.
Will Orr-Ewing (Keystone's Founder and Director): ''I am extremely grateful for your dedication as a tutor, for the high quality lessons you have always delivered, for all the students’ lives you have enhanced through your work and for your many years of service.'' (August 2019)
Josh Pull (Keystone's Director): ''We feel you’re an invaluable tutor for us to represent and we hope that will remain the case for a long time to come.'' (July 2019)
I am grateful for their words and pleased that I have represented Keystone to those standards in the last 7.5 years.
---------- WHAT I DO:
As a tutor, my essential role is to enable students to understand Maths and Physics, perform to the best of their ability and make learning in tutorials much more efficient than in schools. As a mentor, I help students overcome academic anxieties of different levels and due to various causes, with ability gained from experience and avid interest in educational psychology.
From so many years of proven experience, to me, tutoring is not simply about exam success, is about being a human being and making a difference in the life of a young person. Tutoring, I agree, is a creative, insightful, collaborative, soul-enriching human activity.
I award one hour of FREE TUITION per week to dedicated students who may not be able to afford it (please book by Sundays 9pm for the week ahead; priority is given to first-timers) and a merit-based SCHOLARSHIP (10 hours of free tuition per academic year) to an exceptional student, as a reward for their hard work, dedication and excellent academic potential. Also, I contribute with one third towards the cost of three ATE-Superweeks (UK) per year for students with serious academic anxiety (for children aged 8 to 16 years).
---------- SUBJECTS AND LEVELS OFFERED:
MATHS & PHYSICS: 11+ to 16+ CE, non-CE and Scholarship, I/GCSE and A-level (all specifications), Cambridge-CIE Pre-U and IB (MYP 1 to 4, pre-Diploma and Diploma SL & HL)
USA SAT Reasoning and Subject (Maths & Physics), ISEE, ACT and UKMT tests
University admission tests: MAT, PAT, TSA, BMAT and IMAT
I am a full-time, professional, online-only career tutor, specialised in one-to-one education and dedicated to long-term student support. My commitment to Keystone’s students and their families has been recognised throughout the years and has never needed to be under contractual obligation. My academic background is in Maths & Physics.
Please read more about career tutoring here: goodschoolsguide.co.uk/tutors/tutor-company-reviews/keystone-tutors/TV7WYRU
As a self-employed vocational tutor, I have the freedom to manage my own timetable and offer tuition 7 days a week, covering time zones from the Pacific USA to Asia and Australia. Hence, by spreading an average of 20 lessons in a typical week, I am able to offer the highest professional standard in a calm, pressure-free atmosphere to the students’ best benefit.
Since I started tutoring in 2008, I have helped many students from about 20 countries with different cultural backgrounds, personalities or abilities - students just like you might be.
For 25 years, I have researched the physics of marine environments by means of mathematical/numerical modelling, computer programming and in-situ and satellite data analysis. Google: Glorioso Oceanography Patagonian-shelf
---------- AS SCHOOL TEACHER AND TUTOR:
Eton College, taught Maths (blocks F, E, C and B) and tutored in Physics (2014)
St. James Senior Boys’ School, taught Maths (years 8, 9 and 13) (2012)
Bisham Abbey Tennis Academy, Director of Education (2010) (helped great young players: Megan Forster, Harriet Dart, Kyle Edmund and Jack Molloy with Maths, Physics and USA-SAT)
---------- WITH ADMISSON AND SCHOLARSHIP EXAMS:
Previous students received offers from schools including Westminster (Queen's Scholarship), Charterhouse (Scholarship), Rugby (Scholarship), Radley (Scholarship), Winchester, Hampton, City of London, St. Paul's Girls, Wellington, Harrodian, Kingston Grammar, Uppingham, Brighton, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks and The Haberdashers' Aske's Boys'.
All students progressed significantly at school, excelled at exams or went to university (U. London-SOAS, Imperial, York, Warwick, Surrey, Ulster, Bristol, Berkeley-USA, Caltech-USA).
Experience also includes preparing a student who achieved two CIE-IGCSE “A” grades in Maths & Physics when he was only 13 and 15 years old, respectively, as well as tutoring online students whilst they were boarding (e.g. at Aiglon, Eton, Harrow, Sevenoaks, Cheltenham Ladies', Rugby, Windermere, Roedean, Malvern, Brighton, St Mary’s and Concord College).
---------- DEGREES (see graduate courses at the end of the page):
Ph.D. in Marine Science (Applied Maths & Physics), College of William & Mary (Williamsburg, USA), with research assistantship and tuition fellowship awarded by W&M (USA)
Two M.Sc. degrees in Physical Oceanography (Bangor, UK and Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Post-graduate courses: “Flow instability, Chaos and Turbulence” at the Isaac Newton Institute (U. of Cambridge) and “Satellite Oceanography” at the RSMAS (U. of Miami, USA)
---------- ABOUT MY ONLINE LESSONS:
I schedule my lessons on the WizIQ cloud-based education platform on Saturdays for the week ahead, and parents and/or students receive the link to the lesson in an automated e-mail. If I am available, I can schedule and give a lesson online with as little as one-hour notice, as well as answer questions from students between lessons, free but within reasonable limits, particularly when they are revising for exams.
The day before the lesson, the scheme of work is well-defined and the essential material is uploaded to the virtual classroom. The scheme of work is dynamic and open to adjustments even during a lesson, whilst hundreds of files with up-to-date material by topic, which I supply to my students, are readily available in my iCloud or uploaded on my WizIQ Library.
About 30 minutes before the lesson, I resend the link on Skype to the student, and about 30 seconds before the starting time, I ask the student on Skype to call me when they are ready. In these 30 minutes, I become fully engaged in the content of the lesson, fine-tuning its plan and checking the uploaded material, to ensure the lesson will be as effective as possible.
At the moment the lesson starts, the student starts working. This continues without distractions for the whole duration of the lesson, which combine various components (please see Personal Approach below). Lessons end with a summary of what was covered, the work done by the student, and what is to be done (e.g. homework) in preparation for the next lesson.
Parents are always welcome to e-mail me with any questions they might have (I reply as soon as possible, within 24 hours), as well as to observe the lessons (in situ or remotely).
I tutor on the WizIQ virtual classroom, use Skype for audio/video and connect via 150Mbps fibre-optic broadband with two of the latest MacBook Pro laptops and Wacom pen tablets. WizIQ is free for my students and runs on a browser (e.g. Safari, Firefox, etc.) so no downloads are required. WizIQ’s own audio/video and FaceTime are alternatives to Skype, as well as Skype's screen-sharing is an alternative to the WizIQ whiteboard, if ever needed.
My great-grandparents emigrated from Italy (Torino and Positano) to South America at the dawn of the 20th century. And even though I cannot prove ancestry, the mathematician and astronomer Giovanni Glorioso (1572-1643), who succeeded Galileo Galilei in the Chair of Mathematics at Padua University, and Galileo Ferraris (1847-1897), the physicist who invented the AC electric motor (patented by N. Tesla, who failed to prove invention), have always been a source of inspiration in my family, who carry both surnames with same geographic origins.
I followed a career as research scientist in Maths & Physics applied to Oceanography in Argentina, UK, USA and Canada, which culminated in a summer in Antarctica and the Southern Ocean as senior oceanographer for the British Antarctic Survey (BAS Cambridge). Then I decided to dedicate my time exclusively to tutoring - a highly meaningful and rewarding way of helping students achieve their best through educational experiences which, many times, are truly life-changing and make education invaluable.
Sports I practiced include sailing, rugby and golf. Related to sailing, I once implemented a mathematical model of the SW Atlantic that produced information on ocean currents used by navigators on the 1997-98 Volvo Ocean Race. Data from the model were also used in the Falkland Islands’ offshore oil-spill contingency plan, developed and implemented to protect the marine life (e.g. fisheries) and its environment.
My students enjoy learning about applications of Maths & Physics in the real world, as well as anecdotes, e.g. from a summer sailing aboard RRS James Clark Ross in the Southern Ocean, to living at Bisham Abbey, the beautiful place by the Thames that had a few famous residents, such as the Knights Templar, Queen Elizabeth of Scots and her husband Robert the Bruce, Richard Neville (the 'Kingmaker'), King Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves, and is haunted by the ghost of Lady Hoby, whose 16th century story relates to her son’s rigorous education.
My blog posts
11/04/2016: Online tutoring FAQs
My approach is based on effective communication and periodic feedback, providing the students with a sense of positive personal interaction, increased self-esteem, self-efficacy and self-regulation. These are characteristics that lead to success in and beyond school. I emphasise the development of creativity, problem solving and critical thinking as fundamental skills.
It begins with assessing the students’ academic strengths and weaknesses, and follows by developing a working relationship with them to ensure the desired outcome, matching lessons with their learning style by introducing material in the format best suited to them and thus enhancing their learning process. I assess a student’s progress continuously, in order to adapt the lessons accordingly, e.g. in terms of pace, contents or challenges.
Regardless of the level of the students, I help them with Maths & Physics from the fundamental to the more advanced topics, e.g. from fractions to calculus and from Newton’s Laws to quantum phenomena, with the same degree of passion and dedication. In their journey of discovery, I allow students to realize by themselves the fundamentals of a topic, whilst I guide them to facilitate progress and confidence gain by means of their own work.
In all my lessons, I emphasise the use of metacognition (thinking about thinking), knowing that planning, monitoring and evaluation – the essential metacognitive skills – help pupils progress towards their goals, whilst they receive feedback and their plans can be re-evaluated periodically. For example, in a maths lesson on speed-distance-time in a river, pupils may imagine themselves boating upstream or downstream, and hence understand a problem better. Or in physics, we may use computer simulations to build and analyse electric circuits.
Experience in academia, the classroom and online tutoring allows me to offer students the level of personal attention that they may never receive at school in terms of gaining knowledge and developing their potential. I am constantly informing myself about developmental psychology to safeguard the students’ well-being. I have become particularly aware of the mental health of students in terms, for instance, of exam anxiety and transition from GCSE to Sixth Form and university.
What I do when I am not tutoring
Listening to music, reading, thinking or walking by the Thames to blow the cobwebs away. I am one of the Keystone tutors who “have committed their professional lives to private tutoring”, which is a vocation to me and quite the opposite to a mere source of income to support other activities or professional interests.
These genuine testimonials, shared by or with Keystone, express the gratitude and feelings of tutees and families about their tutorial experience. I thank everyone of you!
---------- 11+ to 14+ CE and scholarship exams ----------
• Keystone: “I just have to share my wonderful news: I have been offered an Outstanding Academic Promise scholarship for Haberdashers, and I appreciate all your help with the maths.” (13+ Maths online student, UK, 2017-2019)
• Keystone: ''My daughter found Daniel's lessons great, he gave her confidence during a difficult time and she really liked him and liked his lovely teaching style. We both feel confident that he was going to help her along this journey! - she has now been accepted at Queen's Gate School. Thanks very much for finding him. We would recommend him to anyone considering employing him as a tutor for their children'' (mother of 12+ Maths online student, France, 2018-2019)
• Keystone: Knowledge Gained: 5 of 5, Online Classroom Experience: 5 of 5 - ''Brilliant tutor. More things learnt in one session than a year at school. Literally! (feedback on WizIQ from 13+ Maths online student, UK, 2017-2018)
• Keystone: ''Our son has now had his first lesson with Daniel, which I am delighted to say was immensely successful. Yesterday's lesson had a truly transformational effect on him. In the space of one lesson he went from being a very reluctant Maths student, to one who is looking forward with immense enthusiasm to his next Maths lesson. He had a strong positive response to Daniel’s teaching method and felt a strong rapport with him. He is now extremely enthusiastic about continuing to learn Maths with Daniel.'' (mother of 11+ Maths online student after his first-ever online session, UK, 2018)
• Keystone: Knowledge Gained: 5 of 5, Online Classroom Experience: 5 of 5 - ''Great class!'' (feedback on WizIQ from WESTMINSTER School's Queen's Scholarship Maths online student, France, 2018)
• Keystone: ''We would be delighted for you to work with our son, he loved the trial session and really clicked with you!'' (parents of Maths online scholarship student after his first-ever online session, UK, 2018)
• Keystone: ''Daniel's support was invaluable and made a world of difference in the run up to the exams. Daniel very quickly assessed my son's weak areas and focused on them, building his confidence and problem-solving skills. The Maths grades (A in both Maths 2 and Maths 3 scholarship papers) speak for themselves. Thank you.'' (mother of Queen's Scholar, WESTMINSTER School, Maths online student, UK, 2017)
• Keystone: ''Dear Daniel, just to let you know both my twin sons got into WINCHESTER. Many thanks for having been a great tutor. It is indeed great news.'' (mother of 13+ Maths online students, Dubai, 2017)
• Keystone: ''I have just passed the WINCHESTER exam and would like to thank you for going through the more recent papers with me. Thank you also for helping me find an easier way to pass the exams.'' (13+ Maths online student, Hong Kong, 2017)
• Keystone: ''My daughter really enjoyed her lesson with you on Saturday. She described Pythagoras' Theorem to me very well and explained how you had shown her what the Theorem means in geometric terms and how she could calculate the length of the third side of a right-angled triangle, given the lengths of the other two sides. Thank you! It is good to see her enthused about her maths!'' (mother of 13+ Maths online student, UK, 2016)
• Keystone: '''We had a session with Daniel yesterday - it went really, really well. My son was surprised how easy the on-line tutoring worked. Daniel is very patient and calm in explaining the methodology and approach to tackling the questions.'' (mother of ETON King's Scholarship Maths online student, UK, 2016)
• Keystone: ''I am very grateful to you and would like to share with you the great news (we have just received the emails): our son has been awarded two academic scholarships, from both RUGBY and RADLEY! Thank you very much for your time and support!'' (mother of 13+ Maths online student, Hong Kong, 2016)
• Keystone: ''Daniel, thank you so much, your tutoring was indeed a great experience! Our son is very happy and so are we!!!! (he received an offer from WELLINGTON College)'' (father of 14+ Maths online student, France, 2015)
• Keystone: ''We found out today that our daughter got into SEVENOAKS. She was even invited to sit for the Scholars’ exam. So, a very big thank you from all of us to you for your help and support.'' (father of 13+ Maths online student, Hong Kong, 2014-2015)
• Keystone: ''What an amazing experience that internet classroom brought to my son tonight. After the class, my son told me he likes Daniel so much and he wants to continue to study with him. Thank you so much to Daniel for all his help.'' (mother of 13+ Maths online student, Hong Kong, 2014-2015)
• Keystone: ''Dear Daniel, today is our happiest day ever - my son has been admitted by TONBRIDGE School. I want to say many thanks for your great help and for teaching our son. His success would have not happened without your help. We as parents want to show our gratitude to you and I don't know what to say to describe my feelings.'' (parents of 13+ Maths online student, Hong Kong, 2014-2015)
• Keystone: ''Thank you very much for your support for my son. He got the Academic Scholarship to CHARTERHOUSE!'' (mother of 13+ Maths online student, Japan, 2013-2014)
• Keystone: ''Daniel is an amazing teacher with extensive knowledge. He has helped me with Math as well as exam techniques and logical thinking for my place at BRIGHTON College. He teaches systematically with innovative teaching aids like diagrams, real-life implications and PowerPoint slides. He spends a lot of time in making sure that I understand the concepts of the problems as well as spotting out my weak points and fixing them up. His teaching has helped me get into my desired school in England and I have to admit that Daniel’s lessons have become the highlight of my school week!'' (13+ Maths online male student, New Zealand and Hong Kong, 2013)
• Keystone: ''You have helped me hugely, I am so grateful for all the time and effort you put in teaching me Maths, and like I said it was the first time I was able to enjoy Maths. I will try my best from now to always do the best in school and whatever I do and thank you for also helping me build up my confidence in test papers and obviously the subject of Maths. I hope you carry on helping many students achieve everything you helped me achieve and possibly more.'' (13+ Maths online female student, UK, 2012-2013)
---------- I/GCSE ----------
• Keystone: “I just wanted to thank you for all your help and support that you have given our daughter over the last few months with Physics and Maths. She got the main batch of her IGCSE results today and after all the stress and worry got extremely high A stars for everything, with 95% and 96% for Physics and Maths.” (mother of IGCSE Maths & Physics online student, Hong Kong, 2018-2019)
• Keystone: “We couldn’t speak more highly of Daniel, who has been and continues to be an excellent tutor for our son and has been very kind as he can get anxious before exams.” UPDATE: ''He was delighted to achieve a 9 for his maths GCSE and says his lessons were a huge help. Thank you so much.'' (parents of IGCSE Maths online student, UK 2017-2019)
• Keystone: “Thanks so much for supporting our daughter this year. As you can see in her school reports, her physics has improved immeasurably as well as her confidence in Maths.” (parents of Pre-IGCSE Maths & Physics online student, UK 2018)
• Keystone: “Thanks so much for today, my daughter thought you were amazing! And that you explained it all so clearly that she now thinks she will be able to remember it forever.” (mother of IGCSE Maths & Physics online student, Singapore, 2018)
• Keystone: ''She is very happy with your support in both Maths and Physics. A number of times she has told me you explained concepts to her in a way she easily grasped. We have seen a fairly substantial improvement in maths at school with her jumping two grades since her last report so thank you for your support.'' (parents of IGCSE Maths & Physics online student, Russia, 2018)
• Keystone: ''We were so pleased to see how happy she was after her lesson. She is really engaged and joyful. Thank you so much it is a delight for us to see that. She really looks forward to your lessons!'' UPDATE: ''She scored 9 in CIE_IGCSE Maths and Physics and A in OCR Additional Maths. Thank you so much for all your hard work and support.'' (parents of IGCSE Maths & Physics online student with dyslexia, UK, 2017-2019)
• Keystone: ''Daniel is a kind and enormously experienced and professional online tutor in Maths & Physics. My son considers that Daniel is by far the best teacher he has ever had in these subjects. Daniel´s approach is bespoke, personable, methodical and evidently successful! In short, Daniel is a truly first-class tutor.'' (father of online student who achieved two CIE-IGCSE ''A'' grades when he was only 13 years old in Maths and just 15 in Physics, Chile and Spain, 2014 - 2017)
• Other: ''Thank you so much. He got A* on CIE-IGCSE Physics and a predicted D2 in Pre-U.'' (mother of IGCSE and Pre-U Physics online student at WINCHESTER College, UK and Thailand, 2015-2018)
• Keystone: ''Just letting you know that our daughter received an A in additional maths, which was the highest grade possible. Pretty fantastic considering her mark in her mocks was a D. Many thanks for your work with her. We are delighted with the outcome.'' (parents of OCR GCSE Maths online student, Cayman Islands and UK, 2016)
• Other: ''I learn more Physics with you in one hour than I learn at school in one year.'' (IGCSE and Pre-U Maths & Physics online student at WINCHESTER College, UK and Thailand, 2015-2019)
• Keystone: ''Thank you so much, I got the only A* in my class and couldn't have done it without you!'' (IGCSE Maths online female student, Saudi Arabia, 2015-2016)
• Keystone: ''We just wanted to say thank you for all the help that you have given our son. We have seen not only a big improvement in his Maths but also in his confidence and belief that he can tackle Maths and all his other subjects well.'' (parents of GCSE Maths online student, UK, 2013-2016)
• Keystone: ''Clearly the work with Daniel paid off!! - My son got 100% in his recent Maths test.'' (mother of IGCSE Maths online student at AIGLON College, Switzerland, 2015)
• Keystone: ''I got a B in Maths and I was only two points off an A! Without your help I was getting an E, so thank you!!'' (IGCSE Maths online female student, Italy, 2015)
• Keystone: ''Daniel has been teaching our son for the past two months, via the online tutoring method, in preparation for his IGSCE Maths exam this May. Daniel's infinite patience and kind encouragement helped our son clarify the fundamental concepts and regain his confidence in Maths. He now looks forward to his sessions with Daniel and is even contemplating taking AS Maths later on so we wanted to thank Daniel very much indeed for all his help.'' - UPDATE from student: ''Today is the results day, and I just got mine back. Maths was an A*, with 85% in both papers. Physics was an A, but only six marks away from the A* boundary. I am absolutely thrilled with both of these results, especially given my confidence and predictions just a few months ago. I am most grateful for your kind help and support.'' (parents of IGCSE Maths & Physics online student at ETON College, UK and France, 2014-2015)
• Keystone: ''Daniel was a perfect match for my son as he really helped build his confidence and keep his attention for the full 2-hour sessions every day. The tutoring online worked out perfectly too. Having had a few Maths tutors in our time - I can confidently say that I would highly recommend Daniel to anyone looking for help to boost confidence and knowledge and do all of this whilst we were in a completely different country from him!'' (mother of GCSE Maths online student at AIGLON College, Switzerland, 2013-2014)
---------- 16+ exams, A-level, Pre-U and IB Programme ----------
• Keystone: ''I am forever indebted to you not only for being my tutor for all these years, but also a mentor! Your advice has been invaluable to me! I am going to study a course I’m passionate about in an amazing university with interesting people, I could not have asked for more! So, THANK YOU!'' (IGCSE and A-level Maths and Physics online female student, now at University of London - SOAS, 2015-2019)
• Keystone: ''I can’t thank you enough for the merit-based award. That is honestly one of the highlights of my year. To gain recognition when literally I haven’t received any at all for as long as I can remember.'' (A-level Maths online female student, UK, 2018-2019)
• Keystone: ''I am delighted as I received notification that my son scored 80% and higher in three homework/classwork assignments in Pure Mathematics. Thank you for making this happen in less than 2 weeks. Thank you so much.'' (mother of A-level Maths online student, UK, 2019)
• Keystone: ''We really cannot thank you enough for your care and contributions to our child’s academic and mental well-being.'' (parent of A-level Maths online student, UK, 2019)
• Keystone: ''You were such an amazing tutor and I hope your students will benefit from your help as much as I did. I wanted to tell you how much your teachings helped me in my undergraduate studies. Thank you again for being such a helpful, patient and effective tutor'' (IB Maths online female student, now at California Institute of Technology, USA, 2018)
• Keystone: “My son is finding Daniel a truly remarkable and amazing teacher and often says he wishes he had someone like him at school!'' (father of 16+ Maths online student at TASIS School, Switzerland, 2018)
• Other: ''Thank you so much. He got A* on CIE-IGCSE Physics and a predicted D2 in Pre-U.'' (mother of IGCSE and Pre-U Physics online student at WINCHESTER College, UK and Thailand, 2015-2018)
• Keystone: “Thank you for your support in Maths last year, my daughter got A at her exam.” (mother of A-level Maths and TSA online student at WESTMINSTER School, UK 2018)
• Keystone: ''Hey Daniel I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you immensely for working with me and my maths and helping me prepare for the 16+ exams. I'm happy to tell you that I have received offers from WESTMINSTER, CITY OF LONDON and St. PAUL's SCHOOL and I don't think I could have achieved this without your mentoring. Again, thank you so much and best wishes! (16+ Maths online female student, UK, 2017)
• Keystone: ''Thank you so much for enabling me to be accepted to all of my 4 schools (RUGBY, WELLINGTON, SHREWSBURY and CHELTENHAM). I am very proud of this achievement, it really wouldn’t have been possible without your excellent teaching!'' (16+ Maths online female student, Saudi Arabia, 2015-2016)
• Keystone: ''Daniel has been a very patient and well experienced teacher of AS/A2 Level Maths. He has explained every detail clearly to me and I have learnt a lot from him. I really enjoyed having lessons with him!'' (A-level Maths online female student, UK, 2014-2015)
• Other: ''Thank you for helping me with my preparations for my exam. Today I got a letter from WESTMINSTER; they have invited me to the interview.'' - UPDATE: offer made by WESTMINSTER School and accepted. (16+ Maths online female student, Belarus, 2015)
• Other: ''We would like to express our sincere thank you for your help with my son's A levels - he has been confirmed a place in the IMPERIAL College London Dept. of Physics.'' (parents of A-level Maths & Physics online student, UK, 2013-2014)
• Keystone: ''Daniel has been very helpful to my daughter, giving her back her love of Maths.'' (mother of IB Maths online student, Bahamas, 2013-2014)
• Keystone: ''I very much enjoyed working with Daniel, I feel very comfortable with him. He seemed very open, willing and helpful. We started working together on new topics and everything is clear, I really like his way of teaching.'' (16+ Maths online female student, Italy, 2014)
• Keystone: ''I am very thankful for the help that Daniel has given me in OCR-MEI mechanics. I had no understanding of the topic prior to my tuition and Daniel really assisted me in building my knowledge of the subject and technique for answering the exam questions. The tutorials built my confidence and I did better than I had initially thought possible in my exam!'' (A-level Maths online female student, UK, 2013)
• Keystone: ''Daniel was a fantastic teacher, and in only 3 sessions helped me transform my Mechanics 1 mark from C to A. I wholeheartedly recommend him for his knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for the subject.'' (A-level Maths online/residential student at ETON College, UK, 2012)
• Other: ''The first time I took Maths AS I was not well prepared and got ''U''s in C1, C2 and M1. Then I started studying with Daniel and got three ''A''s after just two months of hard work.'' (A-level Maths & Physics male student, Spain, 2009-2010)
---------- Home schooling ----------
• Other: ''Daniel has been an excellent teacher and tutor to my 12-year-old daughter whilst she was home schooled. His knowledge and life experiences make him a great teacher who makes learning interesting. He brings the subjects he teaches to life by using practical applications to the lessons. I know my daughter has really enjoyed being taught by him and listening to stories of his adventures. His feedback and communication back to us as parents is the best I have experienced and my daughter has flourished under his guidance.'' (parent of homeschooled high-performance tennis player KS3, UK, 2010-2012)
GRADUATE COURSES TAKEN AT UNIVERSITY:
Ph.D. – College of William & Mary, USA:
Physical Oceanography, Computing and Programming, Estuarine Hydrodynamics I and II, Geostatistics, Remote Sensing, Chemical Oceanography, Geological Oceanography, Biological Oceanography, Dissertation (thesis available at the U.S. Library of Congress).
M.Sc. – University of Wales at Bangor (Bangor University), UK:
Elementary Dynamics, Chemistry of Sea Water, Further Dynamics, Applied Sonar, Waves I and II, Underwater Acoustics, Numerical Modelling, Sediment Transport A and B, Tides, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Turbulence and Mixing, Advanced Dynamics, Theory of Measurement, Shelf Sea Structure and Circulation, Practice of Measurement, Dissertation (thesis available at Bangor University).
M.Sc. – Buenos Aires Institute of Technology (ITBA), Argentina:
Mathematics I to V, Mathematical Methods, Physics I to IV, Mechanics, Probability and Statistics, Computing, Geometry, Chemistry I and II, General Electronics, Stability, Physical Oceanography I, II and III, Navigation, Fluid Mechanics, Underwater Sound Propagation, Marine Geophysics, Marine Chemistry, Marine Biology, Marine Geology, Meteorology for Oceanography, Instruments and Equipment, Technical Drawing, Coastal Engineering.
Thank you for your interest in reading my profile; I keep updating it and trying to make it as brief and reader-friendly as possible, whether you are a student, parent or colleague.
Please note that all relevant documentation, e.g. related to degrees, employment, DBS and Safeguarding Children Policy and Procedure training with the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board, has been submitted to and/or verified by Keystone.