Please note this is a new tool that is still being tested. Please do send any feedback and let us know if you spot any errors. It currently does not work on mobile devices/iPads.
How to use our school fee calculator
- Start by inputting how many children you will be sending to fee paying schools.
- Then follow the steps by inputting your answers in the yellow boxes.
- Scroll down to view your school fee schedule based on your answers.
- If school fees are not consistent year-on-year we recommend taking an average as a close proxy. For schools that have lower fees for younger years (e.g. reception - year 2) and higher fees for older years (e.g. years 3 - 6) then you can divide this into two schools on our calculator to get accurate results.
- The independent school council provides data showing termly school fees as follows. N.B. fees do vary considerably so if you have specific schools in mind do find their actual fees from the school website.
- Between 2010 - 2020 fees have increased by approximately 4% per annum. We have inputted this as our expected annual fee inflation. However, you can amend this as you see fit.
- Extras (music lessons, school trips, uniform, lunch etc.) can vary considerably school by school. As a rough average we recommend adding 10% of the fees to cover extras.
Please note the calculator does not currently work on mobile devices/iPads.